Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Catching up With Superman...er..boy...

Hello! Good evening everyone! I'm on a 3 season Smallville marathon at the moment, and I just keep asking myself "Why did I ever stop watching this?!". I love this show. Seriously. I don't give a shit if I'm half way through season 8 and Kal El hasn't flown yet, and I don't care if Lana Lang is the most irritating character (next to Britta from "Community") on television. Hell, I don't even care that Tom Welling is a sub-par actor. I love this show. I mean, really, where else am I going to get to see Lois Lane, Clark Kent, Jimmy Olsen, Lex Luthor, Aquaman, The Flash, Green Arrow, Doomsday, General Zod, Supergirl, the Legion of Superheroes and the JSA all in one series?! It really is the ultimate DC Nerdgasm. It's a superhero soap opera. You watch these characters progress from teenagers to adults, while dealing not only with everyday teenage drama, but dealing with having to hide secret identities. It's pretty much the ultimate "origins" store ever. That being said, I could certainly do without Lana and Clark's romance. She's such a tease. At the end of season 6 when I thought she was dead, I was the happiest girl in the world. Then she came back. What?! Why? Does anyone even like that character? I mean, I get that guys think that Kristen Kreuk is hot, but she's so irritating to me that I can see past her hotness. Green Arrow and Lois Lane are my two favorite characters on the show, because they don't take any B.S. and they keep Clark's whining to a minimum, which is much appreciated. I also appreciate that the characters wear garments that are the colors of their comic book characters uniforms (eg: Clark and Kara wear red and blue, Green Arrow wears green, The Flash wears red and gold, Aquaman wears green and orange...). What can I say? I'm a sucker for fashion. Anyhoo, I'm going to get back to the marathon. I promised I'd be caught up by Friday, so I could enjoy the rest of the series in real time with the rest of my Smallville loving peeps.


Before I go though, I just need to pimp the North Carolina Comic Con that is going on this weekend. The guys at Ultimate Comics will be there (sadly, I will not), so if you're in the Raleigh area stop by and say "HEY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment