Saturday, November 13, 2010

Best Travel Documentary EVER.

Let me begin by saying that I love British TV and cinema. "Extras", the "Harry Potter" movies, "Dr. Who", Robin Hood" (the TV show, not the movie), "Being Human", just to name a few. Ricky Gervais is one of my favorite things about British culture. I've watched "The Office" (the British version, and the American version, which he is EP for), I've seen his stand up, and listened to his podcast. After being such a fan for so long, I know that he, his friend, and business partner Steven Merchant and pal (and often punching bag) Karl Pilkington, are almost inseparable. Ricky and Steven often like to make fun of Karl and his senseless ramblings, and he is always the butt of the joke. When I found out that Ricky and Steven created a travel show just for Karl, I knew I had to watch.

"An Idiot Abroad" is a travel documentary where Karl Pilkington is sent to the seven wonders of the world. Karl, often the pessimist is reluctant to go, but is eventually talked into it. He is put into situations where he has no prior warning as to what is going to happen. This show is the most amazing, hilarious look to travel abroad you will ever watch. I guarantee you'll love it. Below is the trailer for the show. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment