Monday, October 11, 2010

Welcome!

Hello internet! My name is Carly, and this is my blog. I've been meaning to start this blog forever, and I figured that there was no better day to start than the day after NYCC. I'm going to make every effort to post every day and so you can get to know me better I'm going to break it down Facebook style, with 10 things about me.

10) I have been a total dork my whole life, although I suppressed it for most of it. I believe my nerdiness started the first time I watched "Flight of the Navigator" as a small child.

9) Although I consider myself a sci-fi geek, I have only watched "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope", and I fell asleep while watching that.

8) I have a Corgi named Bigby, after Bigby Wolf in the comic book "Fables" by Bill Willingham. I had a goldfish named Namor, but he jumped out of the bowl and killed himself. I also have a cat, but nobody cares about her.

7) I have no problem naming my first born son Remy Logan or Logan Remy.

6) I play roller derby with the Hellions of Troy. My derby name is Calie Fornicator and my number is 269. My derby wife will be a regular contributor to this blog.

5) I love video games, "Left 4 Dead 2" being the most played. I also love the original "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" and "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" for Xbox Arcade. Back in the day, "Kirby's Dreamland", "Castlevania" and "Echo the Dolphin" were the bomb.

4) My fantasy football team is called "Team Awesome". I came in second in my league last year. I consider that one of my greatest accomplishments.

3)  I love "Doctor Who", and I don't care who the Doctor is played by.

2) I have 4 tattoos. None of which are nerdy.

1) I believe that Comic Con's are the cure to depression.

I hope that gives you a better idea of who I am, and I look forward to giving you more thoughts soon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment