Monday, January 10, 2011

Cloudy with a Chance...


In light of all of the recent weather phenomenon (birds falling from the sky, fish unexplainably dying...) I decided I would flash back to 2009, and watch a great movie about weather phenomenon; "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs".

I know that this is turning into "Carly on Movies" a little lately, but it's wintertime, and the majority of my comic reading takes place in the warmer weather. This was the first time I have ever watched "Cloudy", and I loved it. It's based on the children's book of the same name. The movie is about Flint, a kid who wants to be a scientist and make a name for himself. Flint manages to do so by creating a machine that turns water into food. After a while, his machine begins to take a beating, and creating food-weather that is destructive. Flint must then destroy his machine to save the world.



The movie is pretty fantastic, as I can imagine the book is. It will make you super hungry, and if you're anything like me, it will make you wish you had a house made out of Jell-o.



With the voice talents of some of my favorite actors (Anna Ferris, Neil Patrick Harris, James Caan, and Bruce Campbell to mane a few), this movie will have you laughing like crazy. There is so much geekdom to the movie it's amazing, and I dare you not to smile when Flint tells Sam (his love interest) how beautiful she is when she has on her nerd glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment