Friday, December 10, 2010

Robin Hood


 Hello everyone! So, back in 2006 the BBC created a 3 season series of "Robin Hood". I just finished the series and it was AWESOME. I'm a total history/historical fiction nerd, so this was just what I needed. It had everything you would want in a show. Action! Adventure! Romance!


Like every show, there are some throw away episodes, but even the throw away episodes in this show are full of adventure. The overall storyline is fantastic, and full of twists and turns. Not only does the series show Robin Hood and his Merry Men stealing from the rich and giving to the poor, but it also shows day to day life in the 1200's and the history of how Robin Hood became Robin Hood.


Of course the show also features some of everyone's favorite characters; The Sheriff of Nottingham, Little John, Maid Marion, etc. You come to know and love nearly all of the main characters, and there are moments where you'll find yourself completely tensed up during a fight scene, or you'll find yourself crying at some particularly sad stuff (I don't want to give anything away, so I'm keeping it vague).


The story takes place in Nottingham, England in the 1200's. While Kind Richard (the Lionheart) is in the Holy Lands during the crusades, his brother, Prince John, is looking after England. John is basically terrorizing the lands and taking everything the his subjects have. The whole story is about Robin and crew protecting England from the Sheriff and Prince John.

I know I'm totally gaga about the BBC, but this show is only 3 seasons long, so if you're finding that you need something to fill your TV void over the winter while all other shows are on hiatus, I highly recommend this one.


PROGRAMMING NOTE: Between Christmas shopping and attending a Christmas party tomorrow I'm going to be busy all day, so most likely I will not post. I'll miss you all dearly, but I look forward to seeing all your smiling faces on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment