Thursday, May 19, 2011

CEA + RPG = WTF?

Okay, so. Last night we began playing the "Star Wars" role playing game after taking, like, a two month hiatus. After returning to the game, I think I may have been the only person enjoying the hiatus. I don't know what is wrong with me when it comes to RPG's. I've tried D&D, Abberrant, and the "Star Wars" game, and I just don't think I was cut out for the world of role playing games.

It's certainly not a lack of imagination. I think it may be lack of attention span. For some reason I have the ability to imagine what my character looks like, imagine what the area (or ship) looks like, and imagine what my adventuring team looks like, I just can't find that place inside of me that BECOMES that character. Often times I'll be found in my own little world, with a sketch pad and some sharpies creating my vision of the world, meanwhile, my actual gaming character has no idea what is going on, and remains the mute of the group.

The only time I ever open my mouth is when I want to get in a scuffle. I'm truly beginning to believe that there are two types of gamers; those who kick-ass at RPG's, and those who kick-ass at first person shooter type stuff. I'm of the latter group. I like things to go fast, and hard, and intense. RPG games are a lot of discussion, without a lot of actual ass kicking, so I tend to lose interest.

It just makes me kinda sad because I see everyone else having such a great time, and I wish I could do that too. Meanwhile, I'm in the corner doodling, and secretly hoping we'll start up another game of "Give Me the Brain".

I will continue to play because I love my friends. They have been super great about accepting my shortfalls when it comes to RPG's, and they usually take it pretty easy on me. I may not love the game we're playing right now, but my Wednesday night nerds are the best people in the world, and I wouldn't trade my Wednesdays for anything. :-)


Gallery of Carly's RPG Artwork

I have decided to share a couple of pieces of artwork from my RPG gallery with all of you. I hope you enjoy!

DODA. My "Star Wars"  character

Mer-lady. Doodled this one up out of nowhere.


Programming note: The parental units are coming into town this evening, which means I'm going to be maintaining somewhat of a radio silence until Sunday. Evan T. promised me some articles last night, so hopefully, it'll be enough content to get us through the next 2-3 days. I'll be talking to y'all on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment