Sunday, June 12, 2011

Slacker Sunday: NYCC


It's that time of year again... Time to start thinking about New York Comic Con! I know it's like, four months out, but what could a little planning hurt, right? This year is looking like it's going to be the best one so far, with new artists and panels being added every week.

NYCC is October 13th-18th this year, making it 4 days this year, instead of 3. However, Thursday the 13th is for press/exhibitors/whatever only. Luckily for me, I've applied for my press pass, and methinks I will most likely be getting one. I have some big news about that coming up later in the week, but I don't want to give anything away just yet, so I'll let you deal with that teaser for now. Let me just say that the blog is about to get a whole lot cooler.

The only issue I'm having at this point is what to wear. For a fun-loving, nerdy chick like me, it's cosplay all the way. I definitely have my Ms. Marvel costume from last year, which I intend on rocking like a boss, but that leaves me with two more days that I need to come up with something. I like Black Canary, but I feel like that is played out. I love Cassie Hack, but I'll be three months post kid, so I'm not sure if I'll be wanting to bear my midriff quite yet. The Editor had suggested that we go as Lovebunny and Mr. Hell, but I'm not sure if The Editor will be willing to rock that costume all day... Sorry kiddos, got off in my own world there for a minute...

Speaking of cosplay, if there is anyone out there who knows how to sew, or could give me a hand designing/putting together something, it would be absolutely appreciated. I can come up with an idea easily enough, executing the idea can sometimes be difficult though.

Anyhoo, if you're on the East Coast (or if you can afford to fly out from anywhere else), I highly suggest you make your way down to the Jacob Javits Center October 13-16. A three day pass is only $65 and once you see all the con has to offer, you'll see that it's well worth the money. Heck, if you order tickets soon (they go on sale June 15th), you'll even have time to save up for all of the cool things you'll want to buy there!

We'll be discussing this topic in more detail as we get closer to the big show. Until then, you should be thinking about how to get there! Happy Sunday everybody!

For more info on the con, click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment